Friday, May 11, 2007


I've been waxing my moustache for a few months now, but it wasn't until a week or so ago that I started working the curl. My stated reason is that I'm on the committee for the library's Renaissance Faire in September, and I want to fit in with the pirate theme, but honestly, I really just wanted to try it out. It makes me think of barbershop quartets or big beer steins. :-)

Last night, though, the Loving Wife lowered the boom. "How long until the RenFaire?" she asked. "September," I replied. "Why?" "Because I hate it!" she cried. Well, She Who Must Be Obeyed has spoken. Of course, she also says she'll kick me out of the house if I ever shave my head. Do I dare defy both restrictions and go handlebarred and bald for my pirate gig? I've still got three months to decide if I should risk sleeping on the lawn.

No comments: