Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Hubris bites me in the... ankle

Remember last night when I talked about how flexible I was at tae kwon do? Well, I'm eating those words now.

What I didn't say was that I tripped up as we were running our windsprints at the end of class. My left big toe got caught in the bottom of my right pants leg and I barely caught myself from landing on my face.

Unfortunately, I caught myself by landing with all my weight on my right foot, at an angle not foreseen in my ankle's design specs. It didn't really start bothering me until about 9 last night, and by midnight I was hobbling and whining at every step.

Today it's better, mostly because I've got an Ace wrap on it, but I'm definitely feeling a lot older and more decrepit than I was yesterday.

C'est la vie!

No comments: