Saturday, June 16, 2007

Two blog memes - Fives and a Seven

My friend sernin on LiveJournal posted these two, and I thought they sounded like fun. I don't usually do these, but I'll have a go:

What were you doing 10 years ago?
In the summer of 1997 I was preparing for my third and final year of teaching high school. I was in Polo, Missouri. I was a couple of months away from my first wedding anniversary. I also had a summer job at Suzie Q's ice cream shop in downtown Polo.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
Last summer... You know, I honestly can't remember a single thing that happened to me last summer. That's pretty sad.

Five snacks you enjoy:
1. Raw walnuts
2. Raisins
3. My mom's incredible crack-like snack mix
4. Hershey's Special Dark Miniatures
5. Snickers

Five songs that you know all the lyrics:
1. Piano Man (Billy Joel)
2. My Conviction (Hair)
3. Oh Holy Night (traditional hymn)
4. Down In It (NIN)
5. Particle Man (They Might Be Giants)

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. Get my family and our close friends out of debt
2. Buy plug-in hybrid vehicles
3. Donate to INCOG (organization that builds bike/walk trails in the Tulsa area)
4. Donate to political organizations that promote sustainability, walkability, and other environmental causes
5. Take a sabbatical and travel

Five bad habits:
1. Nose-picking
2. Procrastination
3. Overspending
4. Overcommitment
5. Self-centeredness

Five things you like doing:
1. Reading in a quiet room
2. Tickling my sons
3. Helping people find answers to their questions
4. Telling jokes
5. Knitting

Five things you would never wear again:
1. Shredded jeans with bike shorts underneath
2. Button-down shirt with a brooch at the collar
3. An earring made of a tiny plastic baby doll
4. Jams
5. Plaid shorts with combat boots

Five favorite toys:
1. Duncan Freehand yo-yo
2. Hoberman Sphere
3. Seagate 6.0GB pocket hard drive
4. Henry's Micro Diabolo
5. The minds of my friends and co-workers



Seven Random Facts About Yourself

1. I am incredibly insecure about relationships. I constantly question if the people who say they like me really do, and I'm always afraid that I'm too needy and I drive people away. It's like every day is 6th grade, from now until the end of my life.

2. I know a little bit about a lot of things, but I feel really stupid about big things I think I ought to know about, like history and philosophy. I try to read books like The Name of the Rose or Lempriere's Dictionary and come out feeling inadequate and dull because I don't understand what the authors seem to take for granted.

3. Although I believe I could write a novel, I also know that I don't have the discipline to do the work necessary to actually write it.

4. I have lost nearly 50 pounds in the last two months, and I feel incredibly guilty because it seemed so easy.

5. I sing and speak in church not for the glory of God, but for the pleasure of being told how good I sound.

6. I'm red/green colorblind.

7. At heart, I'm basically a hippie without the drugs.

That kinda turned into 7 Secret Confessions>, didn't it? Oh, well. So it goes.

No comments: