Monday, February 23, 2009

It's Full Of Stars!

utterli-image
The current issue of Library Journal has the results of their first-ever Index of Public Library Service. Based on 2006 data, it surveys more than 7,000 public libraries and gives Michelin-style star ratings to 256 of the best. You can see details at http://www.libraryjournal.com/…jindex2009.



Well, I'm proud to say that my employer, Tulsa City-County Library, is the only five-star library in the state of Oklahoma! It's a recognition of the great service we provide to our patrons, and of the appreciation they show us in return.



I'd like to thank the Academy... I mean LJ for this great honor. I'd also like to congratulate my Oklahoma colleagues in Kenowa and Stratford who made the list, and recognize some "home libraries" from my past: Hays Public Library in Kansas, KCPL in Missouri, and St. Paul Public in Minnesota are also Star Libraries. Hooray!

Mobile post sent by yoyology using Utterlireply-count Replies.

No comments: