Friday, March 14, 2008

I been sick...

Sorry I haven't posted in a week or so. There's been a lot going on, and not all of it good. We had a financial setback that had us worried for awhile, then the kids started getting sick, which eventually hit me. It's been a rough patch, but we're getting through!

On Wednesday I took a cue from the Thrifty Knitters' group on Ravelry and went thrifting for sweaters. At the Salvation Army I found a beautiful chunky wool in a two-tone grey and a natural-colored wool in fingering weight, each for $2! I'll wear the grey (it's just my size), but the other is way too big for my current svelte figure, and I'm going to pull it apart for the yarn. It ought to make several pair of very nice socks!

Yesterday I took the kids to a nearby park for a walk and some playtime. I thought it would be nice to park at one end, walk to the playground (about a quarter mile), and then walk back. I brought umbrellas since the sky was threatening, but managed to forget the diaper bag. Uh-oh. Sebastian had a major accident just as we reached the playground, and by the time we got back to the car, the situation was ugly. Still, it was a nice walk, and we didn't get rained on! :-)

No comments: